Thursday, September 13, 2007

It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

The Kansas State Fair, held annually in Hutchinson, begins soon. Right now, all the entries are being lined up, and the crews are gearing up for the big week. The pumpkin contest is always a big deal. I remember growing some for our local contest when I was a kid. I did have a pretty big one, that it took a couple of guys to pick up. But it was nothing compared to the new champion for this year's Kansas State Fair! The number you see in the picture? That's the weight of that gourd! (check out the Wichita Eagle's story here) This is one great pumpkin that will definitely NOT be flying over the patch on Oct. 31st, Linus!


1 comment:

Keeping It Real said...

Oh, I just love fall, and festivals and fall colors. Just seeing those pumpkins makes me giddy.